Sunday, May 11, 2008

My Mother's Day































It all started on Saturday. Mike, Marlee Anne and Michala went to Walmart to get some groceries we needed. When they got back I asked Marlee Anne where all they went. She said Walmart. She said we went some where before but I can't remember where. I had no clue she was keeping a secret. She usually give everything away. She asked Mike something and he said I am going to the van to get the water. She went with him. When they got back Marlee Anne brought me a Mother's Day card. Then Mike brings in something covered with Mary Elizabeth's blanket. It was a Cricut. I was so surprised and cried and cried. For those that don't know what it is it's a wonderful scrapbook machine. I LOVE it!!!

That night I started thinking about not being at home for Mother's Day. Usually my pitty parties do not last very long. It's not long before I am reminded of someone that has it much worse than I do. Well my thoughts quickly went to Shannon. Spending her first Mother's Day in the hospital was just not right. Then my thoughts went to Cindi. Yes once again I am blessed. I wasn't at home in Georgia, but I was in our home away from home with my wonderful husband and precious children. I am blessed!

Today the RMH gave us all handmade cards and candy. It was a nice surprise to get. A sweet group of ladies made us a really nice lunch. They even brought cake which Michala really enjoyed. We usually fix our plates and go back upstairs to eat. Today we all went down together as a family and ate. Josephine and Thomas were down there too with their moms.

Mike, Michala & Marlee Anne went out again while Mary Elizabeth, Abe & I took a nap. The wind was blowing 35 mph so we decided it would be best to keep them in.

The other night I was having a really tough time with my hives. It was really driving me crazy. Marlee Anne came in the bathroom and said mommie let me pray for you. She has such a very sweet spirit. There is not a day that goes by that she doesn't stop and pray for Abe and Sam.

Tomorrow is Abe's 9th casting. We hope to get some wonderful news that his tenodomy will be Friday. If so we can come home on Saturday. We don't want to rush it because we definitely want it done right. It would be nice to have the comforts of home. I have dreamed of getting home on Saturday and having Henderson's for lunch on Sunday.

I hope that all you mothers had a wonderful day!!! Even though I didn't get to spend it with my mom, which I never do any way. I have to explain myself here. Mother's Day I think should be spent however you as a mother would like to spend it. Well strange enough my mom likes to spend it having a nice quiet day by herself. My brother and sister didn't honor that this year but I did. I did talk to her twice today like I do every day. Not just since we have been here but because I always have. I did take lots of time to be thankful for all she has taught me. She raised me more by do as I do. I saw her pray, heard her pray, saw her read her bible each day, saw her cook, clean and care for our family. It wasn't until I was 10 years old and my dear sweet uncle passed away. That's the day I remember us all starting to tell each other that we love each other. Never a time goes by when I am talking to one of my family members that I do not tell them that I love them. My mom put us first and still does. Our wants and needs always went before hers. I will be forever grateful for what she has taught me.

I pray that I am teaching my children the right things. I pray they see things in me that will help make them the people God wants them to be. I am thankful that God has chosen me to be a mother. If someone told me 12 years ago that I would be a stay at home mom with 4 children I would have laughed in their face. When Mary Elizabeth was 3 years old after much prayer I quit my job at Snapping Shoals EMC. This was a job that I loved dearly. I loved getting up every morning getting dressed, using my brain and working with other adults. Never did I see me staying at home raising children. Now I could not dream of anything better. I would not change my job title. I am thankful for each one of my children and what they teach me each day. Through all the medications given, all the diapers that are changed and even Abe's shot that is given each night I am reminded the charge I have been given. Each time I receive a smile, a laugh, a loving pat, a hug or a kiss my heart is filled with a love that can never be replaced. Without the loving daddy that they have this journey would not be near as fun, fullfillng or complete.

OK I am done rambling for tonight. More later!


3 comments:

pandasmom said...

Happy Mothers Day (a day late) to you, Kelli. I still am amazed by you and Mike as you go through each day. God has truly given you grace and peace indeed.
Love,
Keren

Todd, Amber, Carter, Jackson and Cooper said...

Happy Mother's Day! What a beautiful picture of your four angels! We cannot wait for you all to get home so that we can give you hugs and kisses!

CyndiAKADisneyqueen said...

I'm so glad you all got to spend Mothers Day together. What a great gift.