Sunday, May 04, 2008

4 weeks

Well we have been in Iowa for 4 weeks. I can safely say I have had enough and I am ready to go home. I miss home. I miss my mommy. I miss the comforts of our nice home town, our family and our friends. These hives are really getting on my nerves. They don't seem to be getting any better so if anyone has any advice on what I can try I would greatly appreciate it. We only have a shower so I cannot do the oatmeal bath that several have suggested. Any other ideas?

Yesterday the Ronald McDonald run went good. Marlee Anne pushed Michala in the Ronald Run. It was really windy so we decided to stay in for most of it. Mike and Marlee Anne attempted the 5K but it was too cold for Marlee Anne and she wanted to come back. We did have a chance to get pictures made with Ronald McDonald. He was really great with the girls. During the awards ceremony I had the opportunity to share what the Ronald McDonald House means to us






















































































After the run Mike, Michala & Marlee Anne went downtown. When they got back Marlee Anne told me they went to see some dead animals. They went to the museum. Mike said Marlee Anne really enjoyed seeing all the animals.

Today we all went to Cedar Rapids. It was a nice day with the sun shining. We saw a lot of the flooding they have been talking about on the news. We ate supper at Red Robin and enjoyed that. Everyone enjoyed getting out of the house for a little while.

























When we got back to the house Rylann, her mom Amy, and Noah's mom Teresa baked Marlee Anne a birthday cake. They let Marlee Anne decide on the icing. They all had a great time making it, decorating it and eating it.





































































There are 3 new club foot families that came to the house today. I met one tonight from Connecticut.

Marlee Anne got a wonderful birthday present today from Mackenzie. She was so excited about it. The girls and Abe all got wonderful gifts from her too.

Thanks so much for ya'll's continued prayers!

No comments: