Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Abe's appt

Today we saw the pediatric opthamologist for Abe. He has decided that Abe needs surgery on his eyes ealier than later. He says it's too dangerous to leave the staph infection especially with the skin around Abe's eye being so red and broken and it's not clearing up with the meds. They will be unclogging the tear ducts. I wasn't expecting to have to do it so soon. Right now it's scheduled for July 24th at the out patient center. The doctor doesn't think that the anesthesiologist will let us do it there though because of Abe's medical history. He thinks they will make him do it at the hospital. Which we prefer. However it may be at Scottish and all of our doctors are at Egleston. We will meet with them on Friday to see what they say. There is a possibility the date and location will change. I know it needs to be done and I understand all that. I hate to have Abe put to sleep right now. I honestly hate something else having to be done to his precious little body. I keep thinking it's not fair. I really don't understand! Please continue to keep us in your prayers.

No comments: