Friday, January 30, 2009

Praising God!

In minutes we went from having a good day with a strong little baby boy, holding his head up, good tone, babbling, squealing and very alert to a grand mal seizure, very weak, no tone, no babbling, out of it because of the seizure, ativan to stop the seizure which still continue another 45 minutes, then a rag doll, sats dropping so he is back on oxygen. So now here I am mad as a hornet. I hate the rollercoaster ride. I was walking around mad and God kept asking me where's my thanks, where's praise. Praise for what God? Quickly he showed me.

Within minutes of me sending out the email concerning the mepilex I received tons of resources for us to order it. We knew we could purchase it but we were hoping someone had some stash of it some where which often happens on some of the medical listservs we are on. Well my precious long time friend Lisa emailed me and told me to email Drew. He is a family friend of theirs and has been emailing me for awhile to share his prayers for our family. Well long story short he has two boxes he is sending free of charge. AMAZED - yes! Blessed - yes! Praising God - yes!

Then I was fussing and complaining about Abe being back on oxygen. Quickly God sent my focus to the oxygen tank. He is on 1/8 of a liter. God reminded me that just a few days ago he was on 1/2 liter. I heard one of our precious NICU nurses saying you never take steps backwards, always go forward never backwards. Praising God!

Then I said ok God look at him he is out of it. God asked me to look at him again. He said is he having seizures. No God, he is resting peacefully. OK. Praising God!

One of the reasons I didn't want to start the diet until after his first birthday was because I so wanting him to have some birthday cake and icing. I open up an email from the ketogenic listserv and it's a recipe for a keto cake. OK God point taken. Praising God!

So this is where we are RIGHT NOW. We will start the keto diet again tomorrow morning and pray that things go smoothly. Also I want to keep an open mind and realize adjustments will have to be made.

A scripture my sweet friend sent me this morning was 1 Cor. 7:17 You must accept whatever situation the Lord has put you in and continue on as you were when God first called you.

You know I think it should say accepting with a thankful and joyful heart cause if not it really gets me down. It's much easier to accept it thankfully than battle against it. Also it helped me so much more to focus on others than myself. There are so many people around us in need. So many times I think I have nothing to give. I can't get out and run errands, send money or help out. I realized the biggest need in most people's lives is time. Most people just need our time, just to say hey how can I help, how can I pray. Just to say I am here. I am listening and I will help! Thanks so much for ya'll's time and for lifting us up in prayer.

I hope that ya'll have a beautiful day and find the blessings that God has given you. They are there!!!

No comments: