Friday, January 23, 2009

God is good!

Whenever we transition into something new it's a stressful time for me. I make it that way probably more than it should be. Well today our precious friend Danisa came over to spend the day and help out. What a HUGE blessing from God this was. When she planned it we did not know we would be starting the Keto diet today. We didn't get to spend as much time just sitting as talking as I would have liked but having her here gave me such a wonderful peace. Marlee Anne loved playing games with her and kept her very busy. She brought lunch and Michala loved her feeding her and snuggling with her. She drove all the way from Alabama to spend the day to help out. It's a God thing and such an amazing and blessed friendship.

Abe has had 2 Keto feeds. So far so good. He seems to be tolerating them well. We still have a couple of meds to transfer over to sugar free. Mike and Marlee Anne have gone now to get adult tylenol, motrin and benadryl. I never thought about how many children's meds have so much sugar in them to help with the taste. One of his compounded meds has to be ordered and it will be next week sometime. I am not sure how close to Ketosis he can get with his regular med cause I am not sure the exact amount of sugar in it. We ended up having to go with pill form of Cortef because it cannot be compounded with sugar free and made a thin enough liquid. We increased his dose a little and will just keep an extra close check on his glucose.

I think that's all for now. Thank you so much for your prayers. Thanks to everyone that has helped with my crazy questions! I am sure there will be more.

No comments: