Monday, March 01, 2010

VEEG hospital stay

WHEW! I had to take a break from packing. I should be done & the van should be loaded but oh well.
 
We are preparing for the week stay in the hospital with Michala & Abe. This is for video EEG monitoring of their seizures. I am so hopeful that we will get good info so that we can get a direction on how to help them. My heart hurts from seeing both of them have so many seizures.
 
Marlee Anne was telling me that she didn't want us to go. I explained to her that the doctor is hoping to get information so that he can help them. She said then Abe can sit up & walk. Oh the faith of that precious child.
 
Ok we have lots of specific prayer request. First SEIZURES!!! I know all this time we have been asking for prayers for no seizures. Here we are asking for them, needing them. Please pray that they have seizures, plenty of them & early in the stay.
 
Please pray that Michala will do ok being confined and hooked up to all the wires. We always say that is why she went through cancer at such an early age. If not she would have been double trouble with all those wires & being accessed for chemotherapy. Marlee Anne is packing lots of books, magazines & some of her favorite toys. We hope that will help entertain her.
 
Please pray for the doctors & nurses as they take care of us & help us find answers & seek direction. 
 
Please pray for our family as we are separated for the week. Ya'll know we don't do that well. Tears flow now as I stress over this. Please pray that Mike, Mary Elizabeth & Marlee Anne will all be fine with us gone & that we will be ok without them.
 
We have family & friends that will be helping out at the house & at the hospital. Michala & Abe will be in separate rooms & someone has to the stay with them both. We had some friends graciously volunteer to come & stay. Please pray for their families as they are away helping us. Also please keep everyone that is helping out at home in your prayers. We know this is a lot to ask & we are so thankful for the blessings!
 
OK I think that covers it for now. I still do not have it set up to send mass emails from my phone. I can update our blog from my phone & will do that as often as I can.   http://nomatterwhathappens-kelli.blogspot.com/        If you would like to be notified of updates to our blog you can click subscribe to post which is at the end of our blog & enter your email address. I will update FB regularly too I am sure. All this depends on whether I am able to use my cell phone in the room with the EEG equipment without it interfering. OK that should be a prayer request too. I really like having that contact.
 
Thank you so very much for your prayers & support. Taking a deep breath & going on. My favorite scripture is Jeremiah 29:11. For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
I have held tight to that scripture today.

No comments: