Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Update

I am sitting in Michala's room using Sara's laptop. How nice to have
this outlet to share my thoughts. Thanks Sara!

We called the hospital this morning at 6:30 & were told that their
rooms were not ready & to call back at 8:00. At 8:00 we were told to
be at the hospital at 12:00. We got checked in and by 2:30 they had
Michala all hooked up. We are still waiting for her to have a seizure.
Praying she has one soon. She got terribly upset while being hooked
up. So thankful Mike was here with her for that. They were able to get
her lab work done too with only two sticks.

By 3:30 Abe was hooked up. He has had a seizure that last over an hour
with maybe a little bit of a break. They were able to get his labs
after only two sticks too. They gave him 7.5mg of diastat and he
started right back up into a seizure. Finally found his magnet and
after a couple of swipes he stopped. He is resting now. I didn't want
to make the call about the diastat. I wanted to make sure there was
enough info on the VEEG. I feel really bad!

This is so stressful! I am sick at my stomach! I want my mama. I want
this all to go away. Please pray Michala has a good seizure tonight &
one in the morning & they will say ok go home. At home they are still
having them but at least I am not sitting waiting on them to happen.

We have had wonderful nurses & EEG techs. The food leaves A LOT to be
desired. Thankful to have Kendra's muffins & Aunt Nay's snacks with me.

On a high note we got to see Linda & Tori. I even got to teach them
how to make dominos. They are now hooked.

Thanks so much for your prayers!

No comments: