Sunday, August 10, 2008

Another reason

Mike does a bible study with a friend of his. This one was on Grace. Ya'll hear from me a lot more than you hear from Mike so I thought I would share this with ya'll. I asked him if it was ok first.

Grace


8 Concerning this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. 9 And he hath said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my power is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Wherefore I take pleasure in weaknesses, in injuries, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.
2 Cor 12:8-10 (ASV)


I have not asked God why my children were given difficulties. Yes, I have asked for them to be healed, to be made whole, to be normal. Yet to no avail. They continue to suffer and I say that all is well with my soul. My grace is sufficient for thee: for my power is made perfect in weakness. In reality my heart is broken, not just into two equal pieces, but into thousands of pieces. It hurts physically and mentally. I am tired. Daily, from minute to minute I am at the point in the marathon where it is just so easy to stop, to plop down to seek out the temporary relief that rest would bring. In one ear the command to stop is getting louder and louder and in the other ear faintly comes the words do not stop, keep going, one foot in front of the other, - keep going! My grace is sufficient for thee: for my power is made perfect in weakness. I love my wife and my children more than I love myself. This was displayed to me by the way my parents raised me. I was taught that love must be shown though commitment and service to others. That irregardless of my own personal shortcomings I must make sure that my best be given to them. I have prayed in earnest to exchange my good health for their poor health. I so much wish that it could be so. My grace is sufficient for thee: for my power is made perfect in weakness. At one point in this journey, I was concerned that their life might be in vain. With limited abilities and no capacity to communicate, I feared that others would not experience the blessings that God had stored inside them. Now I finally realize that they were sent here so that I might understand how much God really loves me! My grace is sufficient for thee: for my power is made perfect in weakness. Of one thing, I am certain I will not quit. I will persist. I will run the race. A race that will not decide who was the quickest, but a race that will reveal the depth and breadth of His love.

No comments: