Thursday, August 07, 2008

Abe's 6 month check-up

Today Abe had his 6 month check-up. He got one of his 4 month shots which contains three in one. He will go back when Mary Elizabeth & Marlee Anne go for their check-ups in a couple of weeks for his other shots.

Oh the lovely developmental questions. Thankfully when I got home I got an email reminding me that life is not measured my milestones but memories. I needed that today. The only question I wasn't able to answer with a yes was the head control. He is rolling over both ways and holds his head up when he is on his tummy.

His right testicle hasn't descended so we will be going to the urologist on August 27th. They like to do surgery before the 1st birthday. I prayed so hard that it would descend before today. I KNOW I KNOW it's not uncommon. Today all that is not helping me though.

He gained a little more weight but dropped more on the growth chart. Once his test results are back about him breaking down fat we will decide about a g-tube. Another surgery. Not an obstacle I was wanted to face.

Each time one of these things happens it's a blow to my heart. OK so I am supposed to learn from this. God is trying to mold me to be more like Him. Boy this is tough. I am not feeling very moldable right now.

No comments: