Sunday, April 08, 2012

He lives!

I woke up this morning with these words on my heart & mind. He lives, He lives, Christ Jesus lives today!
He walks with me and talks with me along life's narrow way. He lives, He lives, salvation to impart!You ask me how I know He lives? He lives within my heart.

I was immediately taken back to when I was a child at Calvary Baptist Church. On Easter Sunday you walk in with your Easter best on. My daddy with his suit & tie, my mama with her dress, hat & purse, then me with my new dress, new shoes, hat, purse & gloves.

As I was thinking back to those days I thought how very important it is for us to always have on our Easter best. Not the clothing but you know that feeling that we have in our hearts on Easter. We are dressed in our finest and don't want to get dirty. We want to walk into the Lord's house and Him be proud of us. How true for our everyday lives. We want to look and act our best for God. We don't want to get dirty from the world and all the temptations.

Let's think of it for a moment. What if everyday we were able to go to God's house to sit and worship. Wouldn't that protect us from the world? Ok so everyday we can't literally sit in His house but we can certainly sit in His presence. Start our day out in His word. Allow Him to surround us, our hearts, our bodies, our thoughts, our homes and our work places with His love and protection from the world so we don't get dirty. We have now armed ourselves with Christ and are ready to go into the world to share the love of God that many may never know if not for us.

The other day as I was talking with someone they said they don't know how to witness and share Christ love with someone. I told them that I am far from an evangelist. God will use anyone that is willing & when He puts us in a place He will give us the words if they are needed. Many times it has been a smile I have shared, a hug, a meal or filled whatever need they had.

My prayer today is that I will carry this Easter heart and spirit with me through this year not only just today. I am overwhelmed when I think of what He did for me, for us. I am amazed that what He ask from us in return is so very simple and easy. I am in awe at what lies ahead of me in His kingdom of glory.

I trust that each of you had or are having a beautiful Easter Sunday filled with an overwhelming thankfulness of what Jesus did for you!!!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Amen- we too enjoyed a beautiful Easter Sunday with family. We thank God for His death & resurrection. The strength He gives me to cope with our struggles. Many hugs to you and your family from Toronto!!

Stephanie
www.sloanepasher.com