Friday, June 05, 2009

Where to start?

I hate when I get behind on emails because it's so hard to condense it all in one. That's my nice way of saying this email could be long.

Last Friday a very dear friend of ours past away. Mr. Bill Pratt was 92 years old. He is one of the reasons Mike and I have been married for almost 23 years. He gave us wonderful advice on our wedding day. We still hold on to and believe that. We cherish so many wonderful memories of he and his precious wife. We know that the first thing he did when he got to Heaven was to hug her, tell her he loves her, ask her to fix him a pizza and peanut butter cake. When he finished eating he step out onto the most beautiful golf course ever. Mike said I know he is the most pleased and satisfied of all men right now. He definitely heard the word's "well done my good and faithful servant" from our God. I am blessed to have known him and have my life touched by him for so many years.

His funeral was in the church I grew up in. As I sat there on Monday morning looking around at all the warm and familiar faces an unreal peace came over me. It was as if that church was the hands of God and he was cradling me. As if to say I am here. I am with you. A gentle reminder that was so very needed! So many amazing memories in the sacred place. God is good!

The graveside was a Covington Mill Cemetery. As we walked through there it was so hard to read the names of so many people that have played such a huge part in who I am today. I miss them but I am forever thankful that I knew them. Because of the lives they led I try to be a better person. I want those incredible things said about me when I am gone. I want to be remembered in a way that is pleasing to God. I want to live my life today and every day where I will have no regrets. Each day I want to strive to be more and more like HIM. I fall short so many times. I am thankful He is there to pick me up.

Monday morning Marlee Anne started golf camp. She was so excited and really enjoyed it. Tuesday I took her and she went right in. She did kiss me and tell me she loved me but she had no trouble leaving me. I am really thankful for her independence but I have to say it stung a little bit. It was hard to see her grow up. She came home each day with so much excitement and so much to share. She got her on golf clubs for her birthday. She hits golf balls each night, keeps her clubs clean and really loves the sport. I am proud and her daddy loves it. Today she had a tournament and asked Mike to be her caddy.

Tomorrow Abe has an appt at Egleston for his ultrasound. Then we will head over to the urologist to review the results. Please pray that all this goes well. Pray for the girls while we are gone.

Yesterday I had an appt because of the pain I have been having. Last week I started bleeding too. My wonderful doctor asked questions and quickly found the problem with an ultrasound. I have a baseball size cyst on my ovary. This has been causing my pain and the bleeding. I will go back in 4 weeks to have a repeat ultrasound. Please pray that the cyst just goes away. Whether it's absorbed or pops I don't care. Just that it goes away.

Abe is starting to have another seizure so I have to run. It hasn't been a good day for him or Michala. Full moon and rain. YAY! NOT! I didn't proof this email once again so please overlook any oops!

Thank you for your prayers and support!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Kelli.....What an amazing story about the gentleman who touched so deeply you and your husband's life!!! That is a treasure to remember always!!! Your soft and gentle heart in your words shouts your love for our Lord and what a sweet blessing that is!!!! I just wanted to stop by your blog and visit as I seen it in your signature...I am SO blessed that I did!!! I hope you have a very blessed day!!!