Friday, October 19, 2007

Lighthouse Day 3

We woke up and it was raining again. Same plan as yesterday. Mike stayed with the girls until a volunteer could come relieve him so he wouldn't miss Common Grounds.

After a wonderful breakfast prepared by our wonderful Sharon and others we had Morning Watch. I was concerned about us not being able to have it on the beach but once again God was there and it was blessed.

While the kids did Flip Flop at the baithouse restaurant the parents went to a house to do Common Grounds. It was the house we stayed in last year with the Metz family. It brought back so many wonderful memories. It gave a more relaxed and comforting feel to Common Grounds. We had more wonderful families share. Each time I am amazed (AMAZED was my word for the week) at what families have and are going through and they still have time to stop and be concerned for others. You can still catch a smile on their faces and hear laughter from their family. Even though there are times I forget it - God is Good. As a matter of fact that is The Lighthouse theme. God is Good, God Cares, God is in Control and God wants you to know Him. All reminders that I really needed this week.

Since it was raining we were blessed to ride down to Common Grounds with Nachelle and her mom Norma. It was nice to have a few minutes to visit with them. What a blessing these two are! I love spending time getting to know the other families.

After Common Grounds it was back to the baithouse for lunch. The kids were all wired up and excited from their fun. We saw KJ but couldn't find Marlee Anne. Some how during the week those strong ties between them were loosened. She got very attached to Kimberly and Tom. She even got to spend time with Diane, partly because she had Joanna (the little baby with her). Good for her to have that baby time.

After lunch we headed back to the house to relieve Hayden and our wonderful family partner Peggy. Last year Peggy was our family partner too. We seemed to have more time to spend together this year and it was wonderful. What a sweet sweet spirit she is.

OOPS! I forgot to say it stopped raining. KJ, Mike and Marlee Anne decided to go for a bike ride so Peggy stayed to let me nap. Mary Elizabeth & I had a wonderful nap while Michala tried to help Peggy knit. When the gang got back from riding bikes they had gotten me creme' brulee cheese cake and a coffee from Starbucks. Back out to ride the trails they went. Marlee Anne rode her bike for 4 miles all by herself. I was so very proud and so was she.

Mike had just gone upstairs to take a nap and there was a knock at the door. Dave had come to pick me up for my spa treatment. I felt bad that Mike was going to miss his nap, which he never got all week, but I was so thankful for that time for me. We picked up Amy and he gave us our instructions to wait on the steps. I knew what was in store for us. You cannot get this type of service in the most expensive of spas. I thought I can't start crying now but as soon as I reached the steps and Melinda was there waiting I let the tears flow. Once every mom was there Muriel shared some scripture and prayed. Melinda told us to not think of it as the volunteers doing this for us but God. As we topped the stairs there was a room filled with all the female volunteers dressed in white. There were windows every where with God's light shining in. We all got wonderful manicures, pedicures and shoulder massages. It was amazing. Once again I have to remind you that these volunteers chose to be here, the paid to serve us. Amazing!

We all were chauffeured back to our houses to get ready for supper. Supper at the baithouse was wonderful with pasta and salad. Marlee Anne and I got a treat with Tom telling us wonderful stories that Marlee Anne gave him the theme to. Rusty continued to rag Mike about the talent show. He and Mike have connected and I am so very thankful for that friendship for Mike. Michala was enjoying Danny playing the guitar every chance he had. She thought it was just for her. Mike said Mary Elizabeth was going to have a have a face massage because of all the smiling she was doing.

Back to the house for hopefully an early night in.

No comments: