Saturday, August 23, 2014

Please leave negative at the door.

We don't expect 100% support from everyone. We know that some people will never understand it. What we do ask is that no matter what, you pray that God's will be done, you love & support us no matter what or at the very least you don't say anything, especially please do not be negative about it. We welcome questions to better understand the cannabis oil or why we cannot get it legally in Georgia but please do not tear us down or be negative about us doing what we feel led to do. 


This is not a knee jerk response that took place after Abe died. We are not entering into this without a great deal of prayer. We held onto HOPE that Georgia would do the right thing in 2014. When it didn't pass we started the process to get Michala & Abe into the Epidiolex study. The one that Georgia state representative Sharon Cooper said we would be able to do at CHOA before the end of the year. Yes she told it to our faces while we were at the capital waiting to get all 3 of our children in wheelchairs on the elevator. It's too late for Abe & it doesn't look like Michala is going to be able to get into it. Waiting is not an option at this point. 


It would be a lot easier to stay at home. Going to a different state to get our children help is not new to us. University of Alabama, Boston Children's, and University of Iowa have been our "homes" at one time. 


Mike will continue to work to provide for our family as he always has. Especially now because we will have 2 homes along with 2 sets of utilities and travel expenses. Our family will be apart once again. We will be leaving family, friends, doctors, and our local support system. 


We would love your prayers please. Thank you!

5 comments:

Kelly Bellah said...

I am so very sorry for your loss and that GA has not done anything to help your family or others. I will continue to pray for you all! I am pleased to hear that you will be moving somewhere that will give your family the resources that they need to live a life that they need!! <3

Jenée said...

Oh Kelli, I am so sorry that it has come to this. No family should have to go through the trials and tribulations that your family has had. All of you have been so loving, giving, strong and wonderfully supportive of not only each other, but the many families who face similar trials as you. I do not want you to have to leave your beautiful home here in GA, and I pray that our Congressmen and women can see the need for this drug, this hope, for the children here in our State. I know in my heart, the bill would have passed if not for one selfish person tacking a non favorable bill to the cannibus bill. Do not give up hope, sweet friends. God has a plan, and we will continue to support the Hopkins family in prayer and in oue hearts.

CyndiAKADisneyqueen said...

I will always love, support and pray for your family. You have to do what you all think is best for you and your family. Love you guys!

Jadehollow said...

Praying for your family.

kellie said...

My dear Kellie,

I am so deeply sorry to hear about your precious Abe. I look at your blog about every 2-3 weeks to see updates and I'm so sorry that I did not see this news until now. Your sweet Abe is in heaven now and it is my hope and prayer that he is a healthy boy now running free of seizures. I cannot imagine your pain and I wish I had words to take it away. You are so very strong in your faith and I know that will help you deal with the pain. You all have had so many trials and have dealt with far more than anyone could begin to imagine. Regarding the canibis oil that you talked about, do what you need to do for your sweet girl and let people say what they will. NO ONE should ever judge until they have walked 30 minutes in your shoes or your children's shoes. I hope that will help your kids and give relief to their issues. I would do whatever I could to help my kids. So my dear, even though we have never met, I hope and pray that you fine some peace and know that Abe is in God's hands now. Sending you prayers, thoughts, and love. My deepest sympathy on the loss of your sweet Abe.