Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Birthday Abe

Three years ago I was at the hospital waiting to be induced to have our precious baby boy. I think Marlee Anne was the most excited of us all. She had dreamed of this day & all they would do together right along with us. She always said for his 3rd birthday she was going to take him to Toys R Us & let him pick out whichever ride-on toy he would like. Instead she struggles just like us to find something besides diapers or an outfit that will work for him. Mike said everywhere he & Marlee Anne turned this weekend there was a 3 year old little boy running around. While we are rejoicing that Abe is 3 we continue to grieve the little boy we lost. 

We are so thankful to have friends & family that understand how very hard this is. His birthday party is not about the gifts but about celebrating the gift of his life. 

Even though I struggle & don't understand it I am thankful. My prayer today is that satan would flea so that I can fully receive the blessings God has in store for me. Also that the water works would stop before Marlee Anne sees them. I don't want her memory of her mom to be she cried all the time. 

We would like to thank ya'll for being there for us & praying us through the first 3 years of this rollercoaster ride. We would like to thank God for carrying us through and showing us what matters most in life.

Kelli

1 comment:

Sheilah said...

Happy birthday Abe - you are a very blessed little boy to have the dad and mom God gave you...and your sisters as well!! God bless you and your very special family.