Friday, July 04, 2008

What do you wanna be when you grow up?


When I was little I always wanted to be a secretary. I loved watching my sister type so fast. I wanted to do that too. She even let me come to work one summer when I was taking typing so that I could practice my typing.

I never dreamed I would be a wife and mother. Never really had the desire to be. So glad I am not the one in control of my life. Now that I am a wife and mother I strive to be the best I can be. When I grow up I want to be just like Danisa. She is the epitimy of the perfect wife and mother. Her house is so perfect. She is so organized. For breakfast we had toast with her homemade plum jelly. Plums off the tree she had grown. Along with being a wonderful wife and mother she is an incredible friend. I wanna be just like her when I grow up. LOL!!!

For those that don't know our friendship with Spence and Danisa started over 20 years ago in our young marrieds group at Calvary Baptist Church. I remember their last day at church before they moved to Cullman. I was crying so hard I had to leave church. As I sat in the car Danisa walked out with little bitty Alison in her arms. She sat with me and we cried and talked and cried some more. I just knew we would lose touch and the friendship would be over. Over 20 years later here I am typing this from her beautiful home. I am blessed!

When I saw that little bitty Alison this trip I couldn't believe it. She is grown up. All tall and beautiful. Getting ready to leave for college.

As I saw Spence for the first time since his accident I was hit with how very blessed we are to still have him in our lives. His accident could have very well have taken his life. God is good!

No comments: