Sunday, July 05, 2015

Words from Mike

Since I am usually the one writing I wanted to share some of Mike's most recent words. Very thankful for the man he is. I am blessed to see God working in him. 

Yesterday my family and I went to see Pixar’s new movie “Inside Out.” Great movie. We all had fun. Michala laughed at all the appropriate times. I was blown away by her excitement. She made it through most of the movie until her afternoon nap time came and she went to sleep. Afterwards, she and I were out in the lobby waiting on Kelli and Marlee Anne. While waiting, we were approached by this woman and her children and this is what she said to me,” I am truly thankful that I live in a country where we have the freedom for everyone to participate in everyday life, however I am truly saddened by the fact that there were people who sat around me and said such disparaging things about your daughter and you as a parent for bringing her to the movie in the first place. Tears began to well up in her eyes and she could say no more. What did I say? What I have said for as long as I have been a parent. “That’s ok mam, I have seen the looks and have heard the whispers for over twenty- one years and I am thankful for every single day, every hour, every minute, and every single second, if those people knew how much “I have been loved by all my children,” they would have come to my house with a gun to take it from me. I really have been truly and wonderfully loved by our amazing children. There are no words. As always, most people only see the outside and not the inside. Did I get mad? No. There was no way that these people knew that Michala had endured cancer, lost her leg and almost her life, and that every day for fifteen straight years she had multiple seizures per day and that she had recently lost her brother and sister. The majority of people are not that perceptive. Sadly some people are only concerned about their self. What did pop into my mind was recent messages from our church in Colorado. Lately, I have been trying to memorize the Sermon on the Mount and so far I have completely memorized chapter six.Long way to go uh? My hopes are that God will etch on my heart, compassion, fairness and most of all a true love for others. The one thing the study has done is make me realize what a sinner I truly am. Over the years, and certainly when I was younger I have been guilty of the quick glance at people and making unfounded judgments about who and what they are. What did I know? How did I know what they have endured? We all have experienced life’s storms, and challenges. Haven’t we? As the saying goes,” Do not judge a person’s life until you have walked a mile in their shoes, or in Michala’s case shoe.” I realize how fortunate I am and that most people will never be loved as I have been loved, at least not until they are in the arms of Jesus. I am so grateful Lord that instead of allowing me to harbor anger you showed me that it is truly better to forgive and love those who do not know a life well lived when they see it. Michala you are a Daddy's Dream come true and I love you so very much. Matthew chapters 5, 6 & 7. 



No comments: