Friday, June 19, 2015

Leadville Marathon

Tomorrow Mike will be running The Leadville Marathon. Leadville is the highest city in the United States. He will begin his race at 10,000 feet and climb to 13,000 feet in elevation. Just for  point of reference Covington is 695 feet. He will be running with 30% less oxygen. I think that's what got him into this situation to begin with. Lack of oxygen. 

I am beyond proud of him. He began training when we moved out here and will be doing this in memory of Mary Elizabeth and Abe to honor their incredible lives. The challenges he will face tomorrow I have no doubt he will push through because he witnessed their lives first hand. 

They fought the good fight, they finished the race and they kept the faith. 2 Timothy 4:7. I know their daddy will too. 

I am attaching a picture of the tshirt he will be wearing that was made by our dear friends James and Emily Mills. Michala, Marlee Anne and I were also surprised with one to wear tomorrow in support of Mike and in honor of Mary Elizabeth and Abe. 

image.jpeg


No comments: