Monday, August 30, 2010

What a week!

WOW what a week this has been. Just realized I haven't updated. This is being sent from my charter email address & I hope I have it all straightened out now.

We still haven't heard from Abe's sleep study. Hopefully they got enough info. He slept for an hour then the seizures started. During that hour they had to put him on oxygen. I think a lot of it was positional. I guess I should have paid attention to it being a full moon. Got him settled back down & he slept for another hour. He was back awake having more seizures so they decided to disconnect him & send us home. It was 3:00 AM so I went through McDonald's drive thru for a cup of coffee. I dislike driving, especially at night on little sleep. We made it home safely though.

Let's see the rest of the week was fairly uneventful thankfully. Friday my dear friend came into town & I met her for lunch. What a blessing! I enjoyed that so much! I know it sounds crazy but it was really nice to have some girl time.

Saturday I went to the Horizons of Hope event which is an ACS & Kimberley Chance Atkins fundraiser. I was asked to donated some items for their auction. I was so honored to be included in this great cause. It was hosted by Longaberger consultants. They did a wonderful job!

Sunday when I was loving on Mary Elizabeth she felt very cold. It's a weird cold that's kinda hard to describe. When I took her temperature it was 91. I started with the warming process & she got up to 93. She was having some respiratory issues so we decided it was best to go ahead & take her to Egleston. I love when things fall into place. Once there we had an amazing team of doctors, nurses & techs taking care of her. They took us right back & began working with her. They sent in the transport team to start her IV because they knew she was a hard stick. She was in the bed looking at me when "he" walked in. "He" said hey beautiful girl. Well she immediately rolled over toward him & smiled that beautiful smile. I knew right then she was going to be ok. Each time something like this happens I start thinking is this it. Is this the one that will take her life. Is this when her mito disease will progress. So that turning point at the hospital meant a lot to me. She continued to flirt with him & is now on restriction. LOL!!! He got all the IV stuff together & looked for a good vein. I told him to please let me know how I could help him. He said please pray. OH MY!!! OK Mary Elizabeth you can flirt with him. He got it on the first stick but because they had to get so much blood it blew. He apologized & was able to get the IV started on the next stick. The doctor said her labs were perfect & her xray of her lungs was clear. The doctor said he thought it was an upper respiratory virus & we could go home unless I felt better with her staying. He said he was concerned with her picking up something in the hospital. So we went home! Her temperture is staying between 95-96. As long as we can keep it up I think we can push through this. Thanks to everyone for the prayers!

No comments: