Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Abe update

Well here we are not quite 24 hours into the body cast thing & I am actually sitting down to send an email. I realize that we will have ups & downs & last night was quite the down. Right now is peaceful & our little green alien (per Marlee Anne's request) is resting for a minute.
 
This is not a new experience I signed up for but here I am right in the middle of it. NO ONE could have prepared me for what took place over the past hours. This cast is heavy & huge for my sweet little boy.
 
OK so the tone of my email will now change I think. I started it earlier & now 3 hours later I am trying to finish it. I am thinking all the stuff I was going to put in there wasn't meant to be shared. Let's just say this is a challenge to say the least. I won't bore you with the past 3 hours worth of activities.
 
We are home & would greatly appreciate your continued prayers as we get used to the cast, moving him, changing him, controlling his pain & seizures. Thanks so much!!!
 
Love,
Kelli
 

No comments: