Friday, December 28, 2012

While I'm Waiting

Tonight Marlee Anne was invited to a friend's home for her birthday party. In an effort for her to have a night of being a child I made 6 trips back & forth to Social Circle. It was a spend the night party but Marlee Anne doesn't spend the night away from home. Anytime she has tried she didn't make it all night. Just once at Aunt Staci but that's because she could stay up all night & do whatever thanks to Aunt Staci.

Tonight she decided she didn't want to but changed her mind a few times. That's what the multiple trips were for. Actually this post doesn't have much to do with that.

Because I made 6 trips, 5 of those all alone, I had a lot of time. I was in the van for 2 hours & 5 minutes with just me, just my thoughts, my heart feelings and a lot of God.

During one of my trips I heard the song While I'm Waiting. I don't know how many times I have heard that song before but tonight it really spoke to me. Remember that "peace that passeth all understanding" that I was talking about the other day? Well it found me. Boy did it find me.

I walked in our home & Mike had everyone settled. Abe is back on oxygen but instead of overwhelming me or getting me down I was reminded that God's got this. It was so incredibly peaceful.

I am not only thankful for the sweet friend that invited Marlee Anne over but also for the wonderful new friend I met tonight. I am so thankful for the time that God planned for me & that I didn't let it pass me by.

No comments: