Sunday, March 11, 2012

I'm not home yet!

WOW! What powerful words!

We were purchasing one of Abe's seizure medications from Canada because it wasn't available in the US. Well now it's FDA approved & I was told today our wonderful (sarcasm) insurance is not going to cover it. Well I went to the pharmacy because this awesome pharmacist was being so helpful with it. (that part was just because I needed to get it off my chest & share why God took me out of the house tonight & was able to get my attention in a mighty way)

When we are all in the van together we usually don't listen to the radio but since I was alone tonight I did. This song came on. The chorus goes, All I know is I'm not home yet. This is not where I belong. Take this world and give me Jesus. This is not where I belong. The song is by Building 429 and it's called Where I Belong.

Mike & I often talk about not "fitting in" here. So many times I think it's because we are a different family. Family and friends go out to dinner, movies, & shopping. Couples go out together. Families get together. Families go to church or events. Often I feel the world goes on with their lives while we are just here.

As I listened to the words of that song God reminded me to be thankful for our differences. To be thankful that we don't "fit". The reason we don't fit is because we don't belong. We are here for a purpose. We are heading towards our home.

What an incredible peace to know this is not our home. Better things await. What a glorious day!

Kelli
http://nomatterwhathappens-kelli.blogspot.com/
http://m.facebook.com/kelliskreations

No comments: